Monday 8 February 2016

The Unpopular Opinions Tag!

Thanks to the amazing Ranu @ The Araliya Bookshelf for tagging me! Boy am I going to have fun with this post. *deep breaths*.

A Popular Book or Series you didn't like?

I would be mad not to say The Throne of Glass series! Sorry not sorry, but I found the last 3 of these books to be boring, dreadful and just plain annoying.


A Popular Book or Series that everyone seems to hate but you like? 

I've found that it is actually very hard to find someone in the blogisphere who actually loves The Fault in Our Stars, or even John Green's writing in general. I absolutely LOVED this book, and I found it to be so meaningful and well written.  



A Love Triangle Where you didn't like who the main character ended up with? 

UHM, GALE AND KATNISS ANYONE?! Peeta was annoying, whiny, a traitor, the list goes on. Gale was with Katniss SINCE THE BEGINNING, and she threw him away like trash.


A Popular Genre you hardly ever read

Obviously fantasy. For many reasons, but mostly because it bores me.

A Beloved Character you Hate? 

Etienne St. Clair from Anna and the French Kiss. He was not a swoony, hot lead. He was clingy, a cheater, so cliche and just so damn annoying.

A Popular Author you can't seem to get into

James Dashner. The Maze Runner was ok. The Scorch Trials was painful, I've tried over and over again to make me love his books but I just can't.

A Popular Trope you're tired of reading? 

It is just expected now that when a guy meets a girl, they're going to fall in love. Why can't they just become best friends and conquer the world together?! Not every male and female lead always have to fall in love.

A Popular series you have no interest in reading? 

Game of Thrones by: George R.R. Martin. Both show and books receive so much praise, and I've been told multiple times that it's amazing for fans of Harry Potter. (not sure why) I just would never be able to deal with such heavy a fantasy.

A Movie you liked better than the book 

The Hunger Games movies. Books were boring, movies had an amazing cast and incredible acting.



Glad to have gotten those off my chest! I'd like to Tag:

Geraldine, Bryce and Sierra to post if they're interested :)






12 comments:

  1. Wow, our opinions are SO different, haha! I adore fantasy and love The Hunger Games and totally ship Everlark!! XD Also Throne of Glass! I ADORED Crown of Midnight (because Chaol is totally my baby), but I do agree with you on Heir of Fire, which I really didn't like (mostly because CHAOL IS MY BABY). But I HAVE to read Game of Thrones. Massively hyped book do NOT let go of my attention and I will not die happy if I don't know what all the fuss is about! Glad you did the tag! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha idk Everlark just did not have enough chemistry for me. And I guess Game of Thrones would be any fantasy lover's dream, but definitely not for me. Thanks for tagging me!

      Delete
  2. Our opinions are similar in some ways and different in others. I have only read the first book in the Throne of Glass series and I'm in the process of reading the second. I really liked the first, more than I anticipated, but who knows, there is still room for me not to like the rest of the series. I like The Fault in Our Stars but I absolutely hate the rest of John Green's books with a burning passion. Oh my gosh yasss I am all for Katniss and Gale! Yeah James Dashner's writing isn't for me either. I read the first two books in The Maze Runner series and then dropped it because it just wasn't clicking for me. Sorry to hear you're not a Game of Thrones fan. I really like the show and I've been slowly trudging through the first book.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See I liked Throne of Glass but the whole series just took a downhill for me. I've considered watching Game of Thrones as a show but I don't think I'd have the patience for it. And yesss, Gale and Katniss for life <3

      Delete
  3. IVE BEEN WANTING TO BE TAGGED FOR THIS TAG FOR AGESSS :D Thanks Emilyy~! :)
    Anyway OMG YOU REALLY HAVE UNPOPULAR OPINIONS (or at least they contrast against my norm hahaha).
    I LOVE PEETA AND ETIENNE <3
    It's alright, we'll have to agree to disagree haha! :)
    But I do agree with some of your replies - like the boy+girl = romance trope? SO NOT A FAN OF IT. It's been so overused by now, I kinda know how everything will end.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Idk Etienne just had no chemistry for me, and Peeta just annoyed me so much. I guess we'll have to lol! No problem Geraldine! Can't wait to see your answers!

      Delete
  4. Oh em gee, you do have some pretty unpopular opinions, Em, hahahaHA!! I totally ship Everlark even though I did feel bad for Gale *shrugs* And I really liked the Hunger Games books better than the movies, even though I gotta admit the casting was super good. I'm not a very big fan of fantasy myself, so I don't think I'll ever pick up The Throne of Glass and the Game of Thrones series. I AM really curious about all the hype, but I just can't be bothered to make my self read the actual books, LOl :D Oh and hey, I LOVED The Fault in Our Stars, it's still one of my favorite books and I think John Green is pretty damn awesome- I also really like Looking for Alaska!

    Ruzaika @ The Regal Critiques

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I felt so badly for Gale!! And I agree, the casting was incredible!! I was curious about the hype with ToG too, but I deeply regret it. And YAY!! I actually find it so hard to find someone who like tfios!! Looking for Alaska was beautiful too :)

      Delete
  5. I totally agree about St Clair and that trope! I'd love to see the a heroine meet another girl and have them become warrior BFFs :P Kind of like how Cinder, Scarlet, and Cress all managed to fight together rather than with each other in The Lunar Chronicles. And whoever said Game of Thrones is good for Harry Potter fans... have they read both series?! Definitely one to avoid if you didn't like Throne of Glass - or just dislike fantasy in general. Even if it is an incredible series!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That'd be cool!! Girl power is the best :D That's good to hear! I don't think I'll ever have the patience for that book.

      Delete
  6. I agree with a lot of your opinions Emily! Unfortunately I'm not a fan of John Green or Gale and Katniss...but I don't like fantasy very much or James Dashner. One of my friends has been consistently pushing me to read Game of Thrones and I still haven't...and probably never will. Whoops XD

    Great post! (sorry I haven't been around for a while!!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes! I hate it when you feel pressured by people to read something, but you just don't want to!

      Delete