Friday 21 November 2014

Lola and The Boy Next Door (Anna and The French Kiss #2) by: Stephanie Perkins

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Romance
Published: September 29, 2011 by: Dutton Books

So I FINALLY finished this book, after about a month of trying. I posted my halfway review of the book about a week ago, and after that I sat myself down and didn't do anything but finish it. I need to move on to another book. I have to say that I was a bit under-whelmed with this book.

First to the positives: The characters! I loved the characters with a passion. Everyone (except Max and sometimes Calliope) put me in a good mood. I loved how unique Lola was. She was confident in what she wore and how she acted. I loved how she didn't have an average style of a typical teenager in other books. Now to Cricket! Everything down to his name, was different and I loved that. He wasn't a typical teenage heartthrob in other books. His style was unique like Lola's, and he was such a gentleman! The author did a great job with the characters.

Now to the negatives :(. It took me a long time to get through this book. It dragged on, and I feel like there were a lot of details to the book that were irrelevant to the plot. The book started off very slow, and didn't really pick up until the end. But by then, I  had lost interest. I was looking forward to this book because a lot of people told me that it was even better than the first in the series. I felt as if it was a bit boring and it didn't really even have an interesting plot.

I am now hoping that Isla and The Happily Ever After, the third book does not let me down. So far, I've had a love-hate relationship with this series. Isla however, has been the book that I've been looking forward to since her character was introduced in the first book. I don't know why, but she reminds me of Eleanor from Eleanor and Park, which is one of my favourite books.

Overall, this novel was a bit predictable and boring. The first book, in my opinion, was definitely better, however I feel like the last book will be the best. The characters were great, although I wish I had read more plot twists or suspense. I would rate it 2 out of 5 stars.



Bye For Now!
Emily @ Paperback Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment