Sunday 16 November 2014

Halfway Review of Lola and The Boy Next Door by: Stephanie Perkins

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Romance

I have started the second Anna and The French Kiss book. I did like the first one, so I decided to give the second one a go. I have to say that this book is going by really slowly for me.

Usually if I get really into a book, I could easily finish it in 2-3 days. However, I have been stuck on this book for more than a month now. I don't know why, but I just can't seem to get into it. I think that the problem is that it takes a while for something interesting to happen. The book's introduction and the first few chapters were very hard to get through.

Now I know that I shouldn't judge a book based on the first few chapters, so I have continued reading. However it is still taking a while to get through. Once Cricket Bell was introduced into the story, things started to pick up. I am loving his character, there's a bit of cheekiness to him, and I feel like he's such a sweetheart. Lola's character is sweet as well, she has a unique style that I like, and she doesn't take crap from anyone. I liked how the author put a different twist on a character, rather than just having her wear clothes like the average teenager. Lola is her own person.

The book is different, and that's what I like about it. I also like how the author wrote Lola to have two dads. This is the first book I have read that features a homosexual couple, so I applaud the author for showing that not everyone has just a mom and a dad.

So overall, the positives of this books are the uniqueness of the characters, however I will say that the books is still very slow. I hope that by the time I finish the book, things will change.


Bye for Now!

Emily @ Paperback Princess 2014



2 comments:

  1. I nominated you for the Liebster Award! So if you haven't done this post already I would love to hear your answers to the questions I asked in my post. You can see it here

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for nominating me! I have already done this post before, but I appreciate you stopping by my blog :)

      Delete