Tuesday 2 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #9 Books I Can't Wait For in 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!

 I can already tell that 2015 is going to be a great year of books. A lot of the books that I've picked are very heavy and emotional. That seems to be a trend in 2015 YA fiction books. However, I do like those kind of mysterious, dramatic books. Here's what I'm looking forward to:

1. The Last Time We Say Goodbye by: Cynthia Hand
An emotional book about love and loss, this book kind of reminds me of Sacred by: Elana K. Arnold.


2. I Was Here by: Gayle Forman
I added this book to my winter tbr list last Tuesday, and it will definitely be the first book I read in 2015. I can wait :')


3. Vanishing Girls by: Lauren Oliver
I absolutely LOVE this author's writing. This dramatic, and edgy story will definitely keep me interested.


4. All The Rage by: Courtney Summers
This very serious and emotional book about violence against girls, is definitely a more deeper books, but I think it will be a great eye-opening book about how to help those who are suffering.


5. From Where I Watch You by: Shannon Grogan
Another very mysterious book about an aspiring baker trying to figure out who has been watching her and leaving her notes, after her dad and sister's tragic deaths.


6. The Summer of Chasing Mermaids by: Sarah Ockler
This is a bit of a lighter book than some of my other choices, and it's always good to have a pick-me-up sort of book. This books contains romance and mermaids. What more could you ask for? Definitely going to be my summer 2015 book of choice.


7. Saint Anything by: Sarah Dessen
I never get tired of this author. After twelve books, you'd think that she would have run out of ideas, but she is as creative as ever. This book is a great book with the theme of family and trying to get a life back on track.


8. Under a Painted Sky by: Stacey Lee
A bit different to books that I would usually read, this book takes place in 1849, at the heart of many human rights issues. It is an adventurous novel, about trying to be accepted in a world of prejudice.


9. The Sword of Summer by: Rick Riordan
Where would I be without reading another mythology book by Rick Riordan? I have been reading his books since I was 11, and they still never seem to get old. This one tells the story of Viking mythology.


10. Finding Paris by: Joy Preble
A book similar to Thirteen Reasons Why by: Jay Asher, this book tells the story of two teens on an adventure to find who keeps sending them mysterious notes.

What books are you looking forward to in 2015?

Bye for Now! 
Paperback Princess



2 comments:

  1. Under a Painted Sky made my list too! The premise seems really interesting, not to mention I have a soft spot for historical fiction. I actually didn't realize Riordan was publishing another book until today when I saw it on some other TTTs, but I'm anxious for that now as well. There are so many great books to look forward to in 2015! Nice picks, and enjoy your reads:)

    Claire @ Bookworm Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great minds think alike! :) I found out about Riordan's new book at the very end of The Blood of Olympus. I got so excited! Although the Percy Jackson series will always be my favourite series of his. I can't wait for 2015! Happy reading :)

      Delete