Friday 7 July 2023

Month in Review: June


I went on a very much unscheduled hiatus for the majority of June. Life events just caught up with me! But I'm glad to be back now and am ready to recap June. 

What I Read: 

Unreconciled by: Jesse Wente: 4.5/5 stars 

Finlay Donovan Jumps the Gun by: Elle Cosimano: 2.5/5 stars 

You Don't Have A Shot by: Racquel Marie: 4/5 stars 

Secretly Yours by: Tessa Bailey: 3/5 stars 

Ms. Marvel: Teenage Wasteland by: G. Willow Wilson and Nico Leon: 4/5 stars

Favourite book: I really enjoyed Unreconciled by Jesse Wente. I read a few excerpts from the book when I was TAing earlier this year, and I thought it was a super informative read on Indigenous resistance and the true meaning behind reconciliation. 

What I Blogged: 

As mentioned before, I did trail off from posting in the middle of the month. But, I did update you all on the Changes by blog went through, and I am overall very happy with my new graphics and the new directions my blog is taking. 

Favourite Blog Posts: 

Because of my blog absence, I didn't get to do a whole lot of blog hopping last month :( Sorry friends! I feel like I opened my laptop in July and realized I missed out on so many posts. It took me a while to catch up. But if you have a post you are proud of, link it in the comments! 

Life Stuff: 

June was BUSY. I had weddings, vacations, graduations, and much more. I also got a new laptop which will make writing and blogging a lot easier. I ended the month with the great news of finally finding a new place to live, and feeling more prepared for school which makes me so happy. I hope the final two summer months will go by smoothly with as little stress as possible. But of course, moving always carries with it a bit of stress. Wish me luck in packing! 

That was my June. How was yours? 

Emily @ Paperback Princess

14 comments:

  1. Welcome back! I'm slowly working my way back, but it's going to take me a bit to get back into the swing of things. Sounds like you had a really busy month! Your blog is looking great (I got to do a quick read the other day of your last update post) and I'm proud of you for the effort you've put in. Your blog is DEFINITELY something to be proud of, and I love that you're looking forward to showing it off.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much!! Take all the time you need too :) If there's one thing I've learned is the power of a hiatus.

      Delete
  2. Congrats on the new laptop, and finding your new home! June can be such a hectic month, I don't even know why! Hope July is off to an amazing start. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think because it's usually wedding/shower/graduation season, so a lot of ppl have stuff going on!

      Delete
  3. Wow! I'm surprised by the Finlay Donovan book, everyone seems to love those books.
    June was kind of busy kind of not... it definitely flew by! I feel like I blinked and it was over. But we didn't really do much, you know?
    New laptops are always a good thing!
    I hope July is awesome

    My June Recap and July TBR
    Ash @ Essentially Ash
    Bookstagram | Personal Insta | TikTok | Goodreads

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the first Finlay Donovan, but the love kind of trailed off by the third book. The story just got old for me.

      Delete
  4. Glad you finally found a place that suits your needs!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the packing and moving and everything! And congrats! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. My June was also intense and passed very quickly. Now I'm waiting for the longed-for vacation.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Don't feel bad about being absent from your blog, sounds like you had a lot going on! I'm glad you have a new laptop, I hope it helps. Also, congrats on finding a new place to live! I moved in April so I know from experience how tough that can be. Good luck with packing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope your move went well! Thanks Simone :)

      Delete