Monday 3 June 2019

Month in Review: May


Emily continues to win at blogging by posting her May monthly review into June. *sighs.* ANYWAYS, if you still care, here's what I got up to in May:

What I Read:

Dear Evan Hansen by: Val Emmich, Steven Levenson, Benj Pasek and Justin Paul: 4/5 stars
Love from A to Z by: S.K. Ali: 4/5 stars
Crazy Rich Asians by: Kevin Kwan: 5/5 stars
Children of Blood and Bone by: Tomi Adeyemi: 2/5 stars

Favourite book: I flew through Crazy Rich Asians! It's a pretty hefty novel for being a romance, but it was funny, informative, and so addictive. I have also finally watched the movie and I am just in love with this whole story.

What I Blogged:

I actually did well in scheduling posts ahead of time in May. Well, besides this post. My favourite blog post in May was My Favourite Resources for Writing for Fun. It was fun sharing some tips!

Favourite Blog Posts:

Cee asks, "Is this Dystopia?"

Lais discusses Her Favourite Bookish Names 

Shayna reveals Characters that Remind her of Herself 

Life Stuff:

The most exciting thing that happened in May is that I bought my first car! It is really great to have some independence now and I am really happy with it. I feel so grown up lol.

I also have been working a lot more, which is good on the idea that I have to make more money, but it also means that I have had less time to do more fun stuff. Oh well, it'll all pay off in the end!

Since having a car means I can come and go as I please, I have been utilizing my library a lot more! It wasn't always accessible for me to go often, but now I am checking out a ton of books at a time lol. Hopefully this means more reading!

That was my May! How was yours?

Emily @ Paperback Princess


6 comments:

  1. You're winning at blogging anyway, whether you posts monthly wrap-ups on time or not <3 So, so glad you loved Crazy Rich Asians and Love From A to Z. I've been meaning to get around to the latter since forever but I somehow haven't yet. Ack.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Ruzaika <3 Love From A to Z was so good!! I saw it at the library and knew I had hit the jackpot lol.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the link Em! :)

    You say that about posting your wrap-up in June like its a bad thing - some of us are just happy when it's posted before the second week of the next month ;) (I'm sooooo organised! Lol. Send help.)

    Hope you're still enjoying your car and all that! :) <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, I think we’re all a little disorganized, Cee!

      Delete
  3. Congrats on buying your first car! That's a huge milestone. And I read Crazy Rich Asians a couple of months ago and was surprised about how entertaining I found it. Have you seen the movie?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I saw the movie immediately after finishing the book and loved it as well! It was so adorable and the casting was on point. Thanks Erin!

      Delete