Monday 19 June 2017

My Dream Reading Space!

Hey everyone! Today's post is going to be one that I've always wanted to do. I'm going to be highlighting my dream reading room, if I had all the possibilities to create a space however I'd like. Realistically I only have a small chair in the corner of my room, but it's fun to dream :) Here are all the things I'd want in my reading room!

I've included links of where I found all of these pieces. Most are from Arhaus.com

First off, the walls would be painted an off-white, maybe a very light blue. I love the colour blue and my current bedroom is painted a very light blue, so I would definitely keep with that theme, and with lighter colours. I love this shade in "cloud."


Find it here

Next, a sofa! I love this grey one from Arhaus, because again, I'd like to keep the colour tones grey, blue and white.
Find it here
For more comfy sofas, visit Arhaus' main couches page!

I'd want to have a chair as well, because sometimes you want to be all snuggled in as well! I love this one from Arhaus as well: 

Find it here

I love accent tables to put some little knick knacks on, and this one with a design is so pretty!! 


Find it here

I love a good chandelier, and this one is so unique and sooo gorgeous!!! 


Find it here 
For more lighting, visit Arhaus' main lighting and fixtures page

For my rug, I'd go with a grey one. This one really suits me!! 


Find it here

For my print, it would have to be The Outsiders themed, because I've always wanted a poster of them hung up on my wall!! And it fits the scheme :) 


Find it here

Finally, the main and most important attraction would be the book shelf! I love this oak one as it's simple and adds a bit of brown to the room :) 

Find it here 

That's my dream reading room! What would be your reading room essentials? 

Emily @ Paperback Princess

10 comments:

  1. I just bought a house (it sounds like it's nothing, but it's a pretty big deal!) with a FIREPLACE. I can totally see myself reading there. And there is a big wall free for my bookshelves :)

    Pretty essential, that one...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Congratulations!! I'm sure you'll spend many lovely reading moments there :)

      Delete
  2. By 'reading room' you mean PERSONAL LIBRARY, yeah? ;) And mine would def. have more of an antique-y vibe - but still cwtchy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, true! I love antiquey kind of rooms! They look like something right out of a classic novel :)

      Delete
  3. Your dream reading space sounds amazing! I like the shades you picked and everything sounds super comfy :) My dream reading space sounds pretty similar to yours, though I think I'd have more darker objects scattered around the place!

    Asma @ IceyBooks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I think putting some darker shades around would look really nice :)

      Delete
  4. Oooooh I'm drooling over these- the sofa and chair especially. I'd love a small library of my own so, so, so much. That's like, one of my major life goals- a comfy little room full of allll the books. Your picks are amazing, and I hope you have your own dream reading space very, very soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruzaika! Hopefully this dream will come true for all of us bookworms:)

      Delete
  5. Emily, it's been ages! So sorry I've been AWOL! Love that you've been blogging consistently - congrats girl! <3
    Also this post is super cool - I'm gonna have to steal this post idea! I think I'd just add a fireplace to your reading space - then it would be my perfect reading place! :')

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GERALDINE OMG I'VE MISSED YOU!! Thanks so much, I'd love to see your picks!! Welcome back :)

      Delete