Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!
With this top ten tuesday, I wanted to write about characters who can have such a positive influence on readers, as a motivational character can be the best thing about a book.
1. Harry Potter from: The Harry Potter series
Not only was Harry raised in the mean care of the Dursley's, but he always persevered and stayed humble.
2. Tiny Cooper from: Will Grayson, Will Grayson
Tiny inspired people to embrace themselves, and to not listen to the haters.
3. Theodore Finch from: All The Bright Places
Theodore taught people to keep pushing forward, even if things seem unbearable.
4. Augustus Waters from: The Fault in Our Stars
Gus was inspiring because he always stayed positive, even if he was in pain.
5. Margo Roth Spieglmen from: Paper Towns
Margo is my hero because she taught me to take risks and let loose.
6. Lena Haloway from: Delirium
Lena taught readers to fight for love, and go against the odds.
7. Elizabeth Bennett from: Pride and Prejudice
Lizzie showed us to see the good in others, and to give people a chance.
8. Jay Gatsby from: The Great Gatsby
He lived his life to the fullest, and was an amazing friend.
9. Annabeth Chase from: The Percy Jackson series
She showed all girls out there that you can be more powerful than a guy.
10. Tris Prior from: Divergent
She defied all odds to become an amazing heroine.
What characters make you inspired?
Emily @ Paperback Princess