Tuesday 30 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #13 My Goals/Resolutions for 2015


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!

2015 is right around the corner and I am so excited to start of the new year with a new attitude. Here are some things that I want to accomplish: 

1. Put my blog out there more. My main goal for my blog wasn't really to gain a ton of readers, however I still would like to make more book friends on here, just so I know that I can have someone to talk to. ( like a home away from home) 

2. Make my blog prettier. I'm pretty limited in knowledge of things like tech design, photo shop etc. However I am taking a class next semester on graphic designs so hopefully I'll be able to use my new found knowledge to make things a bit more original on here. 

3. Set a reading goal. My 2014 started with me in a huge reading slump that lasted until about April. This year, I want to make reading my top priority so that I can put out more reviews and such. 

4. Make better reviews! I really want to make a reviews longer and more descriptive. Again, I am taking English next semester so I hope that I can add more descriptive words in my vocabulary and improve my reviewing skills. 

5. Start writing short stories. I know that it will take years before I am qualified enough to fulfil my life-long dream of becoming an author, but I'd like to start to practise using short stories. If I can practise my creativity throughout the year. then I can expand myself to write a proper book later on. 

6. Read books from more genres. My genres of books are usually limited to romance or dystopia. I really want to read more fantasy books, maybe paranormal and more, so I can make reviews for people who love those genres. 

7. Finish the Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices series. This may sound like a silly goal, but I put off reading this a year ago because of a reading slump and I really want to get back into it. Plus I get really lazy when reading long books, so I want to prove to myself that I can finish a 700 page book. 

8. Become more confident in my blog. I'm always afraid of what people might think of my posts. Obviously everyone is so supportive and I get no hate whatsoever, but it's still always on my mind. I saw a review on goodreads the other day about owning your blog and not caring about what anyone else thinks, and I think that's a great rule for me to follow this year. 

9. Improve my social skills. I am the shyest girl on this planet. I really want to talk to people more, make more friends and spend more time hanging out with people rather then just locking myself in my room and reading all day. 

10. Use my love of reading to do something good. I feel like I don't do enough giving back, and I really want to use my interests to do that. Whether organising a book drive, reading to children or by volunteering at my library, I feel like books bring people together. 

So this is what I want to accomplish in 2015! What are some of your goals?
Bye for Now!

Emily @ Paperback Princess

10 comments:

  1. Getting to know more bloggers is one of my goals too, even though I'm having a hard time casually chatting with new people but I'm trying. I want to learn to design my blog more beautifully too, I feel like with a little knowledge of coding and graphic design I could change tons of things on my blog. I want to try new genres too, I rarely leave my comfort zone and I want to change that.
    I wish you luck and a happy New Year!

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, and Happy New Year to you too! It is hard for me to talk to new people, even online, but I hope to make progress this year

      Delete
  2. I want to expand my reach this year, too. I want to meet more people, and experience new things. I'm first going to try Twitter, and see how that works. Then I'll progress more from there. It's so cool that you're taking a graphic design class! I wish my school offered something like that, but so far all I know about design and coding is from Google :/. If you want to redesign, though, there are great resources all over the internet that have color palettes, easy HTML tutorials, and things like that. I almost solely use PPT for my design, but I think any program could work. But good luck with your resolutions, I'm sure you can achieve them!:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the advice Claire! I'm curious to see how this class goes for me. My school is very tech-based, so I could use the practice.

      Delete
  3. I literally agree so much with your resolutions! I really want to promote my blog more and make it look more professional (although I don't know how >.<). I also need to not care about what people think about my blog and do it because I enjoy it and overcome my worries (I've been running it since late 2013 and only just told my family about it, I was that embarrassed). I hope you manage to stick to these and accomplish them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm the same! I feel really awkward telling people about my blog, but hopefully I can just put myself out there this year. Happy New Year!

      Delete
    2. I hope you can too because I really enjoy your blog! I found groups on Goodreads that have 'promote your blog' threads can help, as well just commenting on other people's blogs and tweeting people. :)

      Delete
    3. Thanks so much, I'll check those out!

      Delete
  4. Okay... this is a really old post, but I'm going to comment anyway.
    That's a great list of goals and I hope you acheive all of them ( especially number 7 XD). About your blog design, there are plenty of sites offering free blog templates, but you can actually make do with the stuff already given on Blogger. That's what I did, and it didn't turn out so bad! I could also make you a header if you like :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by, Ranu! I really want to improve my blog design, so thanks for the tips! I'm trying to experiment more with the blogger templates as well, I just don't know where to start! Thanks for the offer! I really do need to improve many things, especially add a header :)

      Delete