Tuesday, 30 December 2014
Top Ten Tuesday #13 My Goals/Resolutions for 2015
Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!
2015 is right around the corner and I am so excited to start of the new year with a new attitude. Here are some things that I want to accomplish:
1. Put my blog out there more. My main goal for my blog wasn't really to gain a ton of readers, however I still would like to make more book friends on here, just so I know that I can have someone to talk to. ( like a home away from home)
2. Make my blog prettier. I'm pretty limited in knowledge of things like tech design, photo shop etc. However I am taking a class next semester on graphic designs so hopefully I'll be able to use my new found knowledge to make things a bit more original on here.
3. Set a reading goal. My 2014 started with me in a huge reading slump that lasted until about April. This year, I want to make reading my top priority so that I can put out more reviews and such.
4. Make better reviews! I really want to make a reviews longer and more descriptive. Again, I am taking English next semester so I hope that I can add more descriptive words in my vocabulary and improve my reviewing skills.
5. Start writing short stories. I know that it will take years before I am qualified enough to fulfil my life-long dream of becoming an author, but I'd like to start to practise using short stories. If I can practise my creativity throughout the year. then I can expand myself to write a proper book later on.
6. Read books from more genres. My genres of books are usually limited to romance or dystopia. I really want to read more fantasy books, maybe paranormal and more, so I can make reviews for people who love those genres.
7. Finish the Mortal Instruments/Infernal Devices series. This may sound like a silly goal, but I put off reading this a year ago because of a reading slump and I really want to get back into it. Plus I get really lazy when reading long books, so I want to prove to myself that I can finish a 700 page book.
8. Become more confident in my blog. I'm always afraid of what people might think of my posts. Obviously everyone is so supportive and I get no hate whatsoever, but it's still always on my mind. I saw a review on goodreads the other day about owning your blog and not caring about what anyone else thinks, and I think that's a great rule for me to follow this year.
9. Improve my social skills. I am the shyest girl on this planet. I really want to talk to people more, make more friends and spend more time hanging out with people rather then just locking myself in my room and reading all day.
10. Use my love of reading to do something good. I feel like I don't do enough giving back, and I really want to use my interests to do that. Whether organising a book drive, reading to children or by volunteering at my library, I feel like books bring people together.
So this is what I want to accomplish in 2015! What are some of your goals?
Bye for Now!
Emily @ Paperback Princess