Tuesday 9 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #10: New-To-Me Authors I Read in 2014


Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!

I have read books from so many new-to-me authors in 2014. Here are some of my favourites: 

1. Rainbow Rowell 
I read her books Eleanor and Park, and Fangirl and I enjoyed both of them tremendously. Her humour in her writing is so relatable. 

2. Gayle Forman 
I saw the trailer for If I Stay when I saw The Fault in Our Stars movie, and I really wanted to read the book first. Her emotional writing is so special. 

3. Ruta Sepetys 
Her book Between Shades of Grey was different and emotional. She got me interested in Historical Fiction. 

4. Elana K. Arnold 
I borrowed her book Burning from the library, and was immediately hooked on her passionate writing. 

5. Caragh M. O'Brien 
I read her book Birthmarked for an English assignment, and I found her to be a great dystopia writer. 

6. Stephanie Perkins 
Her series of romance books are perfect for anyone looking for great pick-me-up books. 

7. Robyn Schneider 
Her book: The Beginning of Everything has easily become one of my favourite books. She is so motivational .

8. Jandy Nelson 
I have yet to read her latest book: I'll Give You the Sun, but I still love her unique style of writing. 

9. Tahereh Mafi 
Her style of writing reminds me a lot of Veronica Roth's and her set of dystopia novels is great for fans of the Divergent series. 

10. Jay Asher 
I read his book Thirteen Reasons Why actually in late 2013, but throughout 2014, I have really been loving his creative writing. 

What new-to-you authors have you been loving in 2014? 

Bye for Now! 
 Emily @ Paperback Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment