Friday 26 June 2015

P.S. I Still Love You by: Jenny Han

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary
Published: May 26, 2015 by: Simon and Schuster
Pages: 337
Rating: 5/5 stars
*highlight white text to reveal major spoilers*


P.S. I Still Love You was the satisfying sequel to Jenny Han's heartwarming love story: To All The Boy's I've Loved Before. Here, Lara Jean picks up the pieces from her failed relationship with Josh, and moves forward with Peter. However their new found love is short-lived when a scandal rocks their school and threatens to ruin Lara Jean's "good girl" reputation. All that, and the threat of Peter going back to his old girlfriend, Lara Jean must make one final decision.

I.Loved.This.Book. I don't know how Jenny Han manages to tug on my heart strings every single time. This book was heartwarming, intriguing, and utterly adorable. Each character came back in full swing, and the ending was so amazing.

When reading To All The Boy's, I found Lara Jean to be a bit naive and annoying. However she really changed! She was so caring to the ones she loved, and was incredibly strong through all that she went through. Her bond with her sisters is unbeatable. There was one character in this book that blew me away even more though: Peter Kavinsky.

Peter was one of those characters who you can't help but love. He may seem a bit narcissistic on the outside, but he cared so deeply for Lara Jean, and was compelled to make things right. I can't say enough about how much I admire his character.

The plot to this book was so climactic, and well-written. It was not cheesy, boring or predictable. The ending was sooooo cute as well. There was fluff, but just the right amount.

Overall, I was so impressed with this ending, and I will miss these books very much.

Have you read P.S. I Still Love You? What did you think?

Emily @ Paperback Princess

6 comments:

  1. * Squeals * I'm so excited! I absolutely loved To All The Boys I Loved Before, so I'm pumped to dive into this. Peter was my favorite character from the first book, so I'm so happy that he blew you away this time around as well. Your review seriously makes me want to pick it up right now, unfortunately I have some books to get passed first lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You have to read it! Peter was by far my favourite character, and i just couldn't get enough.

      Delete
  2. I seriously have to get to this soon. I don't even know why I haven't picked this up yet, and I blame myself ^_^" Lara Jean sounds like a cool protagonist, and so is Peter! I have a feeling there'll be lots of swoony moments here <3 Thanks for the review Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Peter has become one of my favourite leading men! And to say it's swoony is an understatement! Thanks Jillian!

      Delete
  3. I'm so glad you enjoyed this sequel! I hear the culture references and the writing are both wonderful. I need to read this series! nice review <3

    Rachel @ A Perfection Called Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachel! The writing and culture is really something special :)

      Delete