Tuesday 19 May 2015

Top Ten Tuesday #32 Favourite Book To Movie Adaptions

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!


This week was a freebie, so I decided to talk about my favourite movies based on books, because I do love movies as well :) 

1. The Maze Runner by: James Dashner 
I enjoyed the movie better than the book (gasp!) 


2. The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green 
Everything from the cast to the soundtrack was amazing. 


3. If I Stay by: Gayle Forman 
This movie really got me obsessed with Willamette Stone, (even though they don't exist in real life *sobs*)


4. Insurgent by: Veronica Roth 
There's been a lot of debate to this movie, but I loved it and thought that it was so creative! 


5. The Great Gatsby by: F. Scott Fitzgerald 
Leonardo DiCaprio was everything I imagined Gatsby to be and more. 


6. Mockingjay by: Suzanne Collins 
This Part 1 was soooo much more interesting than the book in my opinion. 


7. Life of Pi by: Yann Martel 
I recently just finished this book and watched the movie and it was so beautiful and emotional. 


8. The Outsiders by: S.E Hinton 
Don't even get me started on the cast for this one... amazing. 


9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower 
Logan Lerman was an incredible Charlie, and I found that this movie stayed true to the book. 


10. Harry Potter by: J.K. Rowling 
The heart and soul poured into all of these movies was insane. 


What book to movie adaptions do you love? 

Emily @ Paperback Princess

14 comments:

  1. I love your list! Leonardo DiCaprio was amazing as Gatsby, even though the film could have been better. The Outsiders and The Perks of Being a Wallflower were amazing too :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leo was exactly how I pictured Gatsby in my head :)

      Delete
  2. Excuse me who needs Willamette stone when one direction exists?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Because Willamette Stone are more talented.

      Delete
  3. Oooo! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU FOR SOME OF THESE! But overall, excluding Harry Potter, I'd love to watch all of the movies! IF I STAY, THE OUTSIDERS AND THE MAZE RUNNER ARE PERFECTION. (JAMIE BLACKLEY OMGGG) Awesome list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Jamie Blackley made that movie for me! As did Dylan O'Brien in the Maze Runner lol.

      Delete
  4. These are all great! There are a few that I haven't seen but I did see a few of them. The Harry Potter movies were, needless to say, great and still stand as one of the best book-to-movie adaptations. The Outsiders was also great as well, although I thought the book was a bit grittier.

    To be honest I'm not a big fan of The Great Gatsby movie. I love the book but I think the movie kind of lost its spirit. The book is a great critique on the decadence and bloated capitalism of the twenties, but I think the movie really lost that in the haze of flashes and dancing. I think they did the core story very well, but the subtext was definitely lost, to me anyway. It was a decent movie for me, but nothing more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I definitely agree that the message of the great gatsby was definitely clearer in the book, but I thought that the casting in the movie was astonishing. It was a lot more flashier though.

      Delete
  5. I loved all these films and movies!! I thought Eat Pray Love was also a perfect translation into a movie :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't read Eat Pray Love, but it looks very interesting!

      Delete
  6. I loved The Perks of a Wallflower better than the movie, The Maze Runner was awesome as well - I still haven't read the book yet! Great picks <3 Benish | Feminist Reflections

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I preferred the maze runner movie to the book, but I would stills recommend it :)

      Delete
  7. The Fault in Our Stars movie was fantastic. Casting and soundtrack were definitely on point! Loved The Maze Runner too and I'm so excited for The Scorch Trials. Have you seen the trailer? What did you think?

    Hope you a great day!

    Samantha @ Just A Bookworm

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the scorch trials trailer! It looks so suspenseful. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete