Wednesday, 16 December 2015
My Favourite Bookish Quotes!
Today I decided to do something a bit more personal and deep, and that it is to count down my all-time favourite quotes from books. There are so many quotes that have stood out for me, so it was hard to find the sequence, but I really wanted to do this! So without further ado:
*Disclaimer: I cannot confirm that all of these quotes do not have spoilers in them, so proceed with caution*.
10. "Eleanor was right. She never looked nice. She looked like art, and art wasn't supposed to look nice; it was supposed to make you feel something."- Eleanor and Park by: Rainbow Rowell
I love this quote because it is the definition of a diverse read. Here we have an average girl, and average boy. Their love is not perfect, but Park is willing to fight for it.
9. "You love me, real or not real? Real."- The Hunger Games by: Suzanne Collins
Even though I was not that emotionally attached to this book, this quote still made me cry. It's just so damn romantic, and after all that Katniss and Peeta went through, this made it all worth it.
8. "Peter would probably throw a party if I stopped breathing.''Well,' he says, 'I would only go if there was cake."-Divergent by: Veronica Roth
Couldn't resist throwing in a more humorous quote in here from one of my favourite male leads! This quote DEFINES Tris and Tobias' relationship. :')
7. "I'll say it one last time: Be brave."- Allegiant by; Veronica Roth
This quote never fails to send shivers down my spine. Seeing as the whole series is based around bravery, this part of the book gave me all the feels. Without giving too much away, this quote was basically when I started bawling in the book. I just love this series.
6. "What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person."- Paper Towns by: John Green
One of my all-time favourite books, first of all! This quote perfectly captures the sarcastic tone that the book puts on, and I read this quote on the daily. I think that it perfectly captures how we treat people in society, and how even an ordinary person can do great things.
5. "The thing I realize is, that it's not what you take, it's what you leave."- All the Bright Places by: Jennifer Niven
This quote and this book were all kinds of perfection. I love this because it explains that mark that we leave on this world, and how we can put our selfish actions aside and focus on being good people.
4. "Happiness can be found, even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light".- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by: J.K. Rowling
I read this quote whenever I am feeling sad. The wise words of Albus Dumbledore can be an instant mood changer, and I think that we can all learn a lot from this quote.
3. "You don't get to choose if you get hurt in this world...but you do have some say in who hurts you. I like my choices."- The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green
I CRY I CRY I CRY!!! I lost every ounce of composure I had left when reading this. It says a lot about the way we treat others, and about the way that we let people hurt us. If you've read this book, then you know when this quote was read and I'm pretty sure I'll remember this forever.
2. "You'll stay with me? 'Until the very end,' said James."- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by: J.K. Rowling
Call me crazy, but I literally just started tearing up simply writing this quote down! I think for anyone who has read the series, this was a big moment, a moment when you realized that this was all coming to an end, and a moment that you will never forget. I'll never forget the first time I read this quote.
1. "We accept the love we think we deserve".- The Perks of Being a Wallflower by: Stephen Chbosky
Uhmmm... where do I begin with this one? Basically this book was one of the most thought-provoking, inspiring and most heartfelt book I have ever read. If I could meet Stephen Chbosky and just thank him for writing such a work of art, I would in a heartbeat. This quote speaks about love, about how we should all have what love we want but unfortunately not all of us get it. I love this quote, and I love this book.
Now as I wipe the tears from my eyes; I want to know: What are YOUR favourite book quotes?
Emily @ Paperback Princess