Wednesday 30 December 2015

2015 Recap: What I've Accomplished and What I Want to Work On


Hello lovelies! I'm sure you've heard this plenty of times before, but my, has 2015 gone by fast. For me, it was a whirlwind of work, play, accomplishments and even some failures, however I'm going into 2016 with a smile on my face and book's in my arms, ready to take on the year! Since this was technically my first full year of blogging, I wanted to reflect on everything that happened bookish wise, blogging wise, and even life wise.

In the Bookisphere: 

During this year, I was able to complete 60 books and surpassed my goodreads challenge of reading 50 books per year! Here were some of my favourites:

All the Bright Places by: Jennifer Niven - This book was thought provoking and inspiring, and has become one of my all time favourites.

The Selection series by: Kiera Cass- Definitely one of my favourite series that I read this year; these books were sweet, easy reads that were so addicting!

Burn for Burn series by: Jenny Han and Siobhan Vivian- WOAH WAS THIS SERIES EVER SO INTENSE! It was filled with twists and turns unlike no other.

Life of Pi by: Yann Martel - Ever so inspiring with such a deep meaning, my favourite book that I've ever had to read for school.

Wonder by: R.J. Palacio - A middle-grade and YA book full of beautiful life lessons and an amazing set of characters.

One by: Sarah Crossan - Beautiful, absolutely stunning, sad, and unique. This book held a special meaning to me.

Honourable Mentions: 

I started the ever so popular Throne of Glass series this year! While the books started off very well for me, it did turn into a downward spiral, but I am still happy to have gotten back into fantasy.

None of the Above by: I.W. Gregorio - This was definitely my most diverse read of 2015! It was very educational and ever so different.

In the Blogisphere: 

I expanded my following, reached new bloggers and also surpassed 1000 pageviews! My blog has grown throughout the year and I haven't been happier.

I finally created a blog button for myself! While my 2015 resolutions was to expand my horizons in photoshop and blog design, I was able to get a better understanding of customization and I'm slowly, (but surely) making changes.

I REACHED MY FIRST BLOGIVERSARY! July brought this milestone quicker than I thought, and I was so thrilled with my accomplishment. I have now been blogging for almost a year and a half.

I took a hiatus in November. I did not post for the entire month in an effort to focus on writing, and I really benefited from it. I came back in full swing mode and refreshed.

I kicked off a series on my blog called Paperback's Pondering's! I started writing a lot more discussion posts to fully get thoughts off my mind, and it really helped my to organize my opinions and hear others!

Life Wise: 

The main thing I did in 2015 was write my first book! I partaked in NaNoWriMo, which helped me to create my very first WIP, which I could not be more proud of.

I passed grade 10 with honours! I am now in my senior years, ready to take on the scary tasks of finding out what I want to do with my life.

I went to my last One Direction concert for a while, with my all time favourite band going on a break. This may seem like such a random and weird thing to talk about, but this band has impacted me so much that I couldn't help but mention how much they meant to me during this hard year.

2016 Goals: 

Now it's time for me to mention what I would like to accomplish this coming year!

- I want to reach 10 000 pageviews! I'm almost there, and this goal would mean the world to me.
- I want to publish my book! After editing is finished, I will hopefully self publish my boom and get it out there.
- I want to reach my 2 year blogiversary! This one will probably be a given, and it will be even more exciting than my first!
- I want to host my very first giveaway. People, including myself, love entering them, and so I really want to celebrate a special occasion to thank my lovely readers this year.
- I want to start writing more personal posts. There is a whole other side of me that I sometimes don't share on my blog, so I want to open up more.

So that was my 2015! Let me know what you got up too this year, and what you have to look forward to! Wishing you all a Happy New Year and the best of luck in 2016.

Emily @ Paperback Princess

23 comments:

  1. I loved the Selection series and the first book in the Burn for Burn series, too. I'm really glad you started Paperback's Ponderings as well, because I love discussion posts and reading yours always gets me thinking of ideas for my own. Excited to see where your blog will go in 2016, and I'll be helping you reach 10,000 page views that's for sure. ;) And as for posting more personal things: go for it! I for one love learning more about bloggers and would happily read anything you'd like to share. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank so so much Charlotte, that's so sweet of you to say! Hopefully I'll be able to open up more as I love learning about other bloggers as well! :)

      Delete
  2. This is one endearing and wonderful post. I loved how you incorporated the books you loved this year and how this year was filled with emotions and life lessons in one amazing recap.

    Surely, your goals for the next year would be attainable! Just never stop going for what you want to reach. I'll be looking forward to your soon successes. And I can't wait for you to nail all of them with a BAM! :D

    I wish you more great books to read and more people to meet this coming 2016! Cheers! ❤

    Fiona | A Girl Between the Pages

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Fiona!! I really appreciate your encouragement. All the best in 2016! <3

      Delete
  3. A great year - well done! I hope that you reach all of your goals, and that you have an awesome 2016 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I has certainly been a very good year! You've read some amazing books and you've also written some very good reviews! I hope that you'll reach your goals in 2016 and I'd love to read your book :)

    Aeriko @ The Reading Armchair

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Aeriko! Hopefully this year will be good to all of us! :)

      Delete
  5. Sounds like you have had quite the year! I wish you the best of luck with all of your goals for next year. I'm sure you can accomplish them. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've had an amazing year and I'm so glad to have you as one of my blogger friends. Here's to a great 2016!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad to have you as a blog buddy as well Kate!

      Delete
  7. Looks like you had a wonderful year, Emily! It's so wonderful how your blog has grown. And ooh, I wish you the ABSOLUTE BEST OF LUCK with publishing!! I'm so happy I found you and your blog this year, it's been so fantastic being your blog buddy. I hope you accomplish everything you set out to do next year!! Happy new year! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU SO MUCH RANU! Honestly, finding your blog was an amazing experience because you are such a genuine and heartfelt person. Hope 2016 is good to you, lovely!

      Delete
  8. I need to read All the Bright Places next year. Good luck with your goals in 2016!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Aww these are amazing :D I loved All The Bright Places and I definitely cried at that very heartbreaking ending. I am so glad it would be turned into a movie soon :) I am really excited for you, and it's so thrilling to hear that you would self-publish your book soon! I'd love to check your writing real soon, though!

    Happy New Year!

    Jillian @ Jillian's Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jillian, Happy New Year to you too! I really hope that the movie does the book justice.

      Delete
  10. You've done so much this year! Hope next year is the same, and you have a great new year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. OMG congratulations on the blogoversary!!you've done loads this year and here's to many more achievements in the future.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Did you know you can create short links with Shortest and make $$$$$$ for every visitor to your short links.

    ReplyDelete