Wednesday 30 May 2018

Month in Review: May


I feel like I was so inactive this month in the blogosphere and I feel like a total failure :( Hopefully June will bring more inspo and hopefully some better blog posts!

What I Read: 

The Scorpio Races by: Maggie Stiefvater: 4/5 stars
The Princess Diaries by: Meg Cabot: 2/5 stars
That Inevitable Victorian Thing by: E.K. Johnston: 4/5 stars
Lets Talk About Love by: Claire Kann: 4/5 stars
And Then There Were None by: Agatha Christie: 5/5 stars

Favourite Book: Definitely And Then There Were None! This is by far my favourite Christie book I have read to date and was so well thought out!

What I Blogged: 

Like I said, inspiration was at an all time low this month. My favourite blog post was the Mental Health in YA Roundup I did with some fellow bloggers, but other than that, it was a "meh" month.

Favourite Blog Posts of the Month: 

Anna reveals the YA Novels with the Best Mental Health Rep! 

Cee explains her fascination with Reaction Videos 

Clare shares the books that Made Her a Reader 

Life Stuff:

This wasn't a very entertaining month. Literally all I did was work, and I have found that my summer is off to kind of a boring start, but in June I have a few concerts coming up and I will be seeing my family and friends more so hopefully things will pick up!

How was your May?

Emily @ Paperback Princess


14 comments:

  1. Thank youuuu for the linnnnnkkkk!!!!! XD

    And hey, no, you are not a failure Em. You are a bad-a** who is keeping going. And keeping going is the hardest part! :) <3

    (Also, you didn't like The Princess Diaries?!)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Cee <3 I just found the Princess Diaries to be so...boring??? I loved the movie so much and I just kept comparing to it and I found that I like the movie a lot more. You just can’t beat Julie Andrews!

      Delete
    2. Maybe it hasn't aged that well? I vaguely remember some parts seeming dated when I was reading it... about a decade ago! Lol.

      I'll have to borrow them off The Bestie (who has the whole set) for some re-reading! :)

      What always confuses me though is that the other books in the series have different titles in the UK than they do in other countries, so I hear people talking about them and I'm like... I have no idea which book you're talking about because none of them are called that here! Lol.

      Delete
    3. Yeah, high school life in the early 2000’s is a lot different than high school today! I didn’t know the titles were different! That is very odd lol

      Delete
  2. No no you're not a failure! You're still blogging aren't you? You don't need to post every day - just post what you have something to say! <3

    I haven't read The Princess Diaries, but I read another of Cabot's books once and found it soooo boring :( I enjoyed the movies though! Well, they were fun and light, and that's just what you need sometimes!

    Hope you have a lovely June :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks Amy! I’ll remember that :) Yeah, the movies are some of my favourites for when I need something light hearted, but the books... not so much.

      Delete
  3. Looks like you read some pretty great books this month. I really want to read the Scorpio Races soon. I hope you have a good summer/June.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Abby! It was a really cool concept for a book :)

      Delete
  4. I loved And Then There Were None, I have 3 Hercule Poirot books if you're interested in them let me know! I want to read The Scorpio Races also, nice month!!
    https://justmeandmyblogreviews.blogspot.com/2018/06/my-may-wrap-up-post-i-had-pretty-good.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually just recently picked up a Poirot book from the library! I have read Five Little Pigs before and really liked his character so I’m looking forward to it.

      Delete
  5. Thank you for sharing the roundup again! I hope June treats you better. <3

    anna | annaish

    ReplyDelete
  6. My summer was also pretty boring. I live in suburbia, and it can get slow around here, haha! Checking out your round up now! Hopefully June will be a better month for inspiration. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Gennifer! Yes I also live in suburbia and it is very boring.

      Delete