I'm so excited to be participating in this week-long Thanksgiving inspired blog hop, hosted by Mishma @ Chasing Faerytales and Hazel @ Stay Bookish! Be sure to head on over to the masterpost and look at all the other posts happening this week! It's such a positive time :D There is also a giveaway going on so be sure to enter that at the end of this post!
Seeing as I'm Canadian, I actually celebrated Thanksgiving in October, but it's never too late to give thanks to my favourite group of people ever: The Book Community!
This isn't just for the people with blogs, this is a shoutout to all the booktubers, book tweeters, authors and just anyone on social media that shares the same love for books that I do. I love you all. So without further adieu, here are the top reasons why the book community is awesome, along with some amazing links to people/organizations/accounts in the book community that you should follow:
1. DIVERSITY! The book community is one of the most socially-aware fandoms out there. We are constantly calling out the bullsh*t, and we never fail to speak up to injustice! I am so thankful that people in this community are willing to make change.
Some awesome advocates for diversity: Ava, Naz , Heidi , Nuzaifa
2. THE HUMOUR! Seriously, the book community is hilarious. With witty tumblr posts, funny tweets about our favourite characters, the book community never fails with the bookish humour!
Some hilarious bloggers that'll brighten up your day: Tika, Alwyn, Jenny, Cait
3. THE AESTHETICS! Book aesthetic accounts are one of my favourite aspects of the book community. Seeing pretty little pictures of your favourite books and characters can be so satisfying!
Some great book aesthetic accounts: Character Aesthetics, All Caps Books, HP Aesthetics
4. BOOKSTAGRAM! Bookstagram is definitely a talent, something that I don't have, but those who do are so appreciated! And oh-so-beautiful.
Some great bookstagram accounts: True Confessions of a Book Lover, Not Gary Cooper, Seelie Knight, Brown- Eyed Bookaholic
5. THE RAVEN CYCLE FANDOM! Getting specific here, I freaking love this fandom. I love how artsy it is, how diverse it is, and how we all agree that Reece King would be the perfect Ronan Lynch.
Some great Raven Cycle Fan Accounts: The Raven Queen, Trc Aesthetic, WikiTRC
6. THE AUTHORS! Of course, where would we be without the people who started this all? I am so thankful to authors and all that they have given me.
Some of my favourite authors to follow: Sabaa Tahir, J.K. Rowling, Rainbow Rowell, John Green, Rick Riordan
7. THE BLOGGERS! Of course, my heart will always hold a special place for the book bloggers. Thank you all for taking the time to craft quality, amazing and inspiring posts.
Some of my favourite book blogs: Veronika and Ruzaika, Charlotte, Denise, Geraldine, Mishma, Cee
8. THE BOOK EVENTS! When bookworms get together, chaos ensues. (but in a really good way.) Although I don't attend a lot of them, I am forever grateful for the opportunities for bookworms to come together and meet in real life.
Some great Book Events: BEA, Bookcon, Comic-Con
9. NERD-FEST! I love that I'm in a community that's so proud to be nerds! I love how we've established nerds as being a positive thing that we all proudly are.
Some of my favourite booknerds: Sierra, Em, Breanna, Brittany
10. WE HAVE EACH OTHER'S BACKS: No matter what, there is always someone to talk to in the book community. Thanks to time zones, there's someone to talk to at 5:00 in the morning, to 5:00 in the evening. People are always willing to listen, and it's like having thousands of best friends. And for that, I am so grateful.
And now for the giveaway! Harper Collins are generously giving away FOUR 2017 ARC's, so be sure to enter on The Masterpost
So thank you, thank you book community, for being awesome. I don't know what I'd do without you.
What are you thankful for?
Emily @ Paperback Princess