Sunday 31 July 2016

Month in Review: July


Hello all! I can't believe I'm already halfway through summer :( This week has been absolutely crazy as my grandparents are having their vows renewed to celebrate their 50th wedding anniversary, so my family has been crazy busy planning the party. But overall July was a great month.

What I Read: 

Les Miserables by: Victor Hugo
Gone Girl by: Gillian Flynn
A Court of Thorns and Roses by: Sarah J. Maas
Room by: Emma Donoghue
Snow Like Ashes by: Sara Raasch
Since You've Been Gone by: Morgan Matson
The Start of Me and You by: Emery Lord
Anatomy of a Misfit by: Andrea Portes

Favourite book: Definitely ACOTAR! I'm so happy I took everyones advice and read it, and I just started ACOMF! Can't wait to see what happens!

 Blogging Things of the Month:  

I was very on top of blogging this month and managed to be very productive! My favourite post however would have to be my 2 Year Blogiversary post. It was such a milestone that I'm so grateful for.

I also joined a book club as co-host this month! Cover to Cover Book Club was started by Temecka @ Library of Tomes and Sierra @ The Nerdgirl Review! It features a book every month and a twitter chat at the end of the month to discuss! Go join it for some awesome reads :)

Favourite Blog Posts of the Month: 

Erin spreads her Appreciation for Harry Potter. 

Temecka discusses Meeting Her Favourite Author. 

Erin discusses bringing Eleanor and Park from Pages to Pictures. 

Geraldine explains how to deal with New Canons in the Harry Potter World 

Blogger of the Month: 

This month's blogging shout out goes to Lais @ Harumansae Books! Lais has always been so lovely in her comments, and she frequently shows an appreciation for my posts. which means a whole lot. Even though I can't comment back because I don't have a Tumblr, her posts are original and so awesome! Go check her out!

Personally of the Month: 

Like I said before, this month has been crazy but also so enjoyable. I went to two concerts. 5 Seconds of Summer and Nick Jonas and Demi Lovato, which both were so awesome!! I'm so grateful for music.

My grandparents 50th Wedding Anniversary was yesterday, and we had a huge party. I'm also going on vacation today to celebrate with them. Because of how crazy this week has been with celebrations, I have not had time to schedule posts for next week while I'm on vacation, so no new posts will be going up next week. But I'll try to stay active on Twitter!

Also, this is a PSA that the new Harry Potter book came out today. If you have not gotten it, go do so. I have to wait a week to receive mine :(

That's pretty much it! Hope everyone had an awesome July and I look forward to talking to you all in 2 weeks!

Emily @ Paperback Princess

13 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had an awesome month! Congrats to your grandparents!

    My one set of grandparents were together for nearly 60 years before they died, and the other side have been together for over 60 years! For their diamond wedding anniversary they got a card from the queen which my grandmother insists on showing everyone who ever visits!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's so cool! My grandparents got a letter from the Canadian Prime Minster so that's basically their prized possession haha!

      Delete
    2. I'm not a monarchist myself, but my nan basically worships the ground the queen walks on - so, yeah, it was great to see her so happy. XD She keeps the card downstairs because it 'cheers her up' every morning!

      That's lovely - it's fab that other countries have stuff like that too :) Ha, do they show it to all the visitors? ;)

      Delete
    3. Haha that's so cute!! They definitely do, they're so proud of it.

      Delete
  2. Yikes, I never knew you read Gone Girl this month! :D I just went and sneaked around on Goodreads and JUST THREE STARS? *sniffles* You'd better have a good explanation for this, Em!
    Now excuse me while I go nurse my broken heart.

    Oh, and hey- congrats to your grandparents! :)) Also, looks like July did you pretty well- here's to an amazing August ahead!✨

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really liked the concept but how it was executed just really didn't sit well with me. Don't worry, I'll have a review soon! Thanks Ruzaika, I hope you have a lovely August too :)

      Delete
  3. Sounds like an amazing July, Emily! Congratulations to both you on the two years blogging and your grandparents for their 50 in marriage! Both are huge milestones. :D I know you won't be able to get around to it for a while, but I tagged you in the Happiness Tag on my blog! Are you going to write a review for A Snow Like Ashes? I'm a bit hesitant to start the series, and I don't think I will be. I'll have to join the Cover to Cover Book Club sometime! Happy August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. Thank you Gennifer! I'm on vacation right now so I can't write posts but I'll definitely get to that tag when I get back! I will write a review sometime soon, the book was really unique! Happy August :)

      Delete
  4. *shuns self for late reply*

    Sounds like a productive, and eventful July! Loving the books you managed to get through - I'm about to dive into "Since You've Been Gone", would you recommend it? I ALSO FEEL LIKE I NEED TO GET ACOTAR AFTER ALL THE HYPE. *flails excitedly*

    Here's to a fab August!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Omg I would so recommend it! Not only is it a great summer read but it was so easy to get through! You definitely should read ACOTAR it's flawless!

      Delete
  5. I'm so glad you could join the book club! I have been super absent in the last few weeks, but I wanted to make sure you knew! I still haven't posted my July wrap up even though I did pretty well! I guess you could say I've been in an "everything " slump.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad to see you're back Temecka! Sometimes time off can be so rewarding, don't stress yourself! :)

      Delete