Tuesday 31 May 2016

Month in Review: May


ONE MORE MONTH AND THEN I'M DONE SCHOOL! I'm so happy that it's June if you can't tell :D Here's what I got up to in May:

What I Read: 

Ok now before I started writing I had no idea that I had read THIS many books, but I guess May was my reading month. Omg I'm actually so proud and somewhat scared of what I am capable of.

Macbeth by: William Shakespeare- 4/5 stars
Blue Lily, Lily Blue by: Maggie Stiefvater- 5/5 stars
The Raven King by: Maggie Stiefvater- 5/5 stars
Rebel of the Sands by: Alwyn Hamilton- 4/5 stars
The Crown by: Kiera Cass- 3/5 stars
The Wrath and the Dawn by: Renee Ahdieh- 5/5 stars
Oryx and Crake by: Margaret Atwood- 3/5 stars
This is Where it Ends by: Marieke Nijkamp- 3/5 stars
Alanna: The First Adventure by: Tamora Pierce- 3/5 stars
Rebel, Bully, Geek, Pariah by: Erin Jade Lange- 4/5 stars
A Darker Shade of Magic by: V.E. Schwab- 2/5 stars
Supremacy by: Christin Lee- 2/5 stars

Favourite book: IDK MAYBE THE RAVEN KING?! I'm actually so overwhelmed with all these books, but I guess I'll say the Raven King because it was a great finale and had me crying like a baby.

What I Blogged: 

11 posts went up this month! My favourite was my discussion post on Why We Need more Male Friendship Groups in YA, it's something that I've been thinking about for a while!

Favourite Blog Posts of the Month: 

Denise explains Why it's Ok Not To Read Sometimes 

Cee discusses 6 Ways to Read More Widely 

Ruzaika reviews The Crown by: Kiera Cass 

Sierra talks in Defense of Fan Fiction 

Blogger of the Month: 

I'm all for meeting new blog buddies, and I have been able to connect with more and more throughout April and May, so this month I'm giving a shoutout to Annika @ Hiding Books ! Her posts are hilarious, honest, and so worth the read, and I've been so happy to be able to communicate with her! Go give her some love!


Personally of the Month: 

School has been killing me lately, and by that I mean photography. I don't want to go on a rant, but I was having so much fun in the course until we got a new teacher who has completely changed everything our old teacher built up for us! She drowns us in work and expects us to not ask for help. I'm really stressed at the moment :( ONE MORE MONTH!

The highlight of my month was going to see a musical downtown with my family! We got tickets to see Forever Plaid, which is my mom's absolute favourite musical, for her and my grandma's Mother's Day. We had such a great time! The best part was that the actors came out afterwards and we were able to meet them. I get kind of nervous in situations like that but they were so nice and we had an awesome chat. It was a really cool experience and so surreal for my musical-loving family.


That was pretty much my month! I read a lot, stressed a lot, and am really looking forward to my next month in review because by then I'll be done school. I can do this.

How was your May? Did you have a highlight?

Emily @ Paperback Princess

11 comments:

  1. Well done on all the reading!

    And thanks for yet another shout-out for lil ole me (*blushes.*) You rock Em!

    Looks like you had a mega-fun time at the musical :)

    And don't stress Em - one month 'til true chillaxing time! Plus, I promise you that school stress is not worth it (*remembers own cr*ppy school* *sighs*)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem Cee! Thanks for the support, school really does suck doesn't it. Who even invented it anyways?!

      Delete
    2. People who realised the stupidity levels were getting unnaturally high ;)

      Delete
  2. Whoa congrats on such a great reading month! I only wish I could get back to reading that many books in a month. Sorry to hear about your photography class. I hope it gets better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sierra! I'm sure you'll get there :)

      Delete
  3. BLUE LILY AND THE RAVEN KING AHHHHH
    I haven't gotten the time to read either of them yet, but *fingerscrossed* I will read them this month!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So many books- wow- sure looks like May was a very productive month for you, Emily! Hope June is just as good, or hopefully even better <3

    I'm so glad to see TWatD was a 5-star read for you- yay!! It's also awesome that you got the meet those actors after the musical- must have been such a fangirl moment for your mom too, LOL :) AND OMGGG THANKS FOR INCLUDING MY REVIEW IN YOUR WRAP UP!! I'm so happy you liked it enough to feature it here :D *sprinkles cake on you cuz you're too awesome*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruzaika, hope you have a great June as well! I was fangirling very hard lol! TWaTD was so beautiful and descriptive, that it felt as if I could not bring myself to put it down! You're very welcome p, I love hearing your opinions, especially because I agreed with everything! You're too kind as well :)

      Delete
  5. Sorry to hear about your new teacher! That's awful. Just a month left... you can do it!
    The musical sounds so good, I'm glad you had fun :)
    And - you are seriously so sweet! I don't think no one's ever called me(/anything I've done) hilarious before but I really appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, I'm counting down the days until the last day of school lol! You're very welcome Annika :)

      Delete