Friday 7 August 2015

Let's Get Lost by: Adi Alsaid

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary
Published: July 29, 2014 by: Harlequin Teen
Pages: 338
Rating: 3/5 stars
*highlight white text to reveal spoilers*


Four teens across the country have no idea where they want to be. That is, until a mysterious girl named Leila jumps into their lives at a time when they need it most. But when the time comes for Leila to fulfil her own journey, she must realize that sometimes she must find herself, before helping others find themselves.

This book was a great summer road-trip book that was quite like Paper Towns by: John Green. It was very much a feel-good novel, and I enjoyed it. However, I didn't find that it was anything spectacular.

I love road trip books, and this one made me feel all light and fluffy inside. I loved how the story was from five points of view, and each in a different state. All of the stories were connected, into one bigger story. I thought that the structure was cool.

The characters were okay in this book, but I didn't find them all that realistic or emotional. In fact, I found them to be quite impulsive. Each character seemed to get in some unlikely trouble that could have been easily avoided. The first character, Hudson, was my least favourite because he seemed so naive. He falls in love with the first girl he meets, then proceeds to throw away an opportunity of a lifetime because he wasn't thinking straight. It's not that the characters were boring, just annoying.

The plot had some great fluff in it, but I didn't think it was enough to make it an amazing read. It was simple, I liked the road trip and I liked the message, I just couldn't connect with any of the characters.

Have you read Let's Get Lost? What did you think?

Emily @ Paperback Princess

6 comments:

  1. I haven't read it, but I've heard such mixed reviews that I have avoided picking it up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a great read for summer, but I didn't find it all that breathtaking.

      Delete
  2. This has been in my TBR since last year, but I'm so frustrated because I have never seen a copy on sale here at all. I don't think the sales rights have been sold here :/ But I will read this book someday! I really love road trip and feel-good stories, and I'm happy to hear that this is one of them. Thanks for the review Emily!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jillian! I hope you get to read it soon :)

      Delete
  3. I'm sorry you didn't love this one, but at least it was some light fun. I haven't read it but I've seen some reviews around and it seems relatively interesting. I've heard it compared to Paper Towns a lot and I've been kind of put of from it because of that (I'm not really a huge John Green fan). Thanks for the review, I don't think I'll read this but it's good to have it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was similar to paper towns in the sense that it involved a road trip, but it did have many of it's own characteristics as well. Definitely keep it on your radar, but I wouldn't rush to read it.

      Delete