Sunday 4 January 2015

Extra Post: Sisterhood of the World Bloggers Award Part 2


As an extra post, I decided to do the sisterhood of the world bloggers award for a second time because I was nominated again. So thank you to Anne @ Anne Books for nominating me for these questions. For the original post, in which I was nominated by Claire @ Cover to Cover, click here.

Rules:
1. Thank the blogger that nominated you and link back to their site.
2. Post the award's logo on your blog.
3. Answer the ten questions you've been asked.
4. Nominate 10 bloggers.
5. Set 10 new questions for your nominees.

Anne's Questions:

1) When and why did you start your blog?
I started my blog mid-summer (around late July) because I wanted to increase my confidence by making Internet friends who share the same interest as me: reading! I also wanted to get more of an experience in writing, as I want to go into journalism some day. 

2) How often do you write posts?
I write posts twice a week, on Tuesdays and Fridays. Tuesdays is a Top Ten Tuesday, and Friday is a review or a tag. Sometimes I do extra posts (like this one) which is usually up on Sundays. 

3) How many books do you own in total?
I have no idea, as I have many classic books stored in boxes in my basement. I would say around 70 books from when I was in elementary school, until now. 

4) Have you ever been in a reading slump? And how do you got out of it?
Yes, and it was terrible. I was in a reading slump from about last December to April because I really got into watching Youtube, which basically consumed my life. I got out of it when I needed to read books for English class, then I couldn't stop reading. 

5) If you could only own 10 books which were these?
1. Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone by: J.K. Rowling  ( because it's always a classic) 
2. Paper Towns by: John Green ( because it's got a great lesson) 
3. The Fault in Our Stars by: John Green ( because it's motivating) 
4. The Beginning of Everything by: Robyn Schneider  (because it's a great pick-me-up) 
5. Eleanor and Park by: Rainbow Rowell (because it's just so damn cute) 
6. Fangirl by: Rainbow Rowell (because it's so damn relatable) 
7. Grace's Guide by: Grace Helbig (because it's hilarious and inspirational) 
8. Between Shades of Gray by: Ruta Sepetys (because it's historical and inspiring) 
9. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by: Stephen Chbosky (because it is emotional, motivational and beautiful) 
and finally... 
10. Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by: J.K. Rowling (because I want to relive the magic one last time) 

6) What do you do if you don't know how to explain your feeling about a book?
This happens to me a lot, as I am very indecisive. I would pick apart parts in the book that I loved, and parts that I hated, and compare. (if that makes sense) 

7) Is there any possibility you would stop blogging and why?
There is no way I would stop blogging. After all the friends I've made, and confidence I've grown, I wouldn't be able to stop. I am not that busy of a person, I don't have a job or extracurricular activities, so I consider blogging to be my extracurricular activity. I devote my hobbies to this! 

8) Did you became friends with people over blogging?
Yes, and I haven't been happier. In less than a year I've been able to communicate with so many great people, such as Claire @ Cover to Cover Charlotte @ Bookmarks and Blogging Anne @  Anne Books and so many more people! 

9) Which books do you really want to read in 2015?
I can't wait to read I Was Here by: Gayle Forman, P.S. I Still Love You by: Jenny Han and Carry On, Simon by: Rainbow Rowell. All of these author's previous books I have loved, so I can't wait! 

10) Any reading goals this year?
Yes! I am going the Goodreads 2015 Reading Challenge, and I plan to read 50 books. I also hope to avoid reading slumps this year. 

I nominated anyone who wanted to do this award in my other post. For my questions, click here.

Thanks again to Anne for the nomination! 

Bye for Now! 
Emily @ Paperback Princess



No comments:

Post a Comment