Tuesday 16 December 2014

Top Ten Tuesday #11 Top Books I Read in 2014

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme from The Broke and The Bookish that allows users to share their top choices of the topic of the week!


2014 was a year of great books for me, here were some of my favourites. 

1. Eleanor and Park by: Rainbow Rowell 
This book  was just so damn cute I couldn't even deal. 


2, Fangirl by: Rainbow Rowell 
It was the year was the year of Rainbow in my opinion. This book was so relatable to me: shy girl obsessed with books. 



3. Where She Went ( If I Stay #2)  by: Gayle Forman 
This was the sequel to If I Stay, but I think that this book was a lot better then the first. I thought it was so sweet! 


4. The Outsiders by: S.E. Hinton 
Even though this book came out years ago, I just discovered it this year. It was such an inspiring book about friendship. 



5. My True Love Gave to Me edited by: Stephanie Perkins and written by twelve amazing authors. 
I actually only finished this book yesterday, and I'll have a review up later in the week. This stories really got me in the spirit of Christmas and were so unique. 


6. The Blood of Olympus by: Rick Riordan 
The final instalment of The Heroes of Olympus series went out with a bang. I'm so sad to see the Greek mythology books go :( 


7. Four: A Divergent Collection  by: Veronica Roth 
This spinoff of the Divergent series got me so excited. Tobias Eaton will always be one of my favourite book characters. 



8. The Beginning of Everything by: Robyn Schneider 
Such an uplifting book. It was hilarious an inspiring in a non-cheesy kind of way. 


9. Between Shades of Gray by: Ruta Sepetys 
A great historical fiction that I couldn't put down. 


10. The Truth About Forever by: Sarah Dessen 
This was the first Sarah Dessen book I ever read, and after that I just fell in love with her writing. She writes great romance novels! 


What books did you love in 2014? 

Bye for Now! 
Emily @ Paperback Princess 

2 comments:

  1. YAY for The Outsiders and The Blood of Olympus! I really enjoyed those books this year, too. I have Between Shades of Grey, Four, Eleanor & Park, and My True Love Gave to Me on my TBR spreadsheet, too. My True Love Gave to Me especially would be perfect around this time of year. Great TTT, and I hope you encounter more great reads in 2015!:)

    Claire @ Bookworm Reviews

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would highly recommend My True Love Gave to Me! It was such a cute holiday book. 2015 will definitely be a busy year of reading for all of us! So many great authors are coming out with books, I can't wait! Happy reading :)

      Delete