Wednesday 17 September 2014

Before I Fall by: Lauren Oliver

Genre: Young Adult Fiction, Contemporary, Romance, Thriller

Before I Fall was a heartbreaking story of being reborn. Samantha Kingston thought her life was perfect. She was part of the popular crowd at school, and had a gorgeous boyfriend. However, that all changes after she is killed in a car accident by her friend's drunk driving. Still, wakes up the next day. The thing is, she wakes up on the day she was killed. Confused and scared, Samantha continues to relive the last day of her life. She tries to prevent her death, but every time she continues to wake up on the same day. Samantha must figure out what she must do to change her path. And what she discovers, will change her life forever.

This book was a very good book, however was not exactly to my taste. The book definitely hits you hard. It is a very emotional book, but with that, it can also be kind of confusing. I loved the concept of the book, as a girl is trying to make things right for the people she loves. The book was well written, however I found myself wanting more. The ending completely threw me off, and I didn't understand it. Cliffhanger endings can be either good or bad, and in this case, the ending left me confused. I'd like to know more information.

I don't want to give too much away, but I will say that the book is VERY sad. I also found that some of the characters, even Samantha, really annoyed me. The way these characters treated people got on my last nerve. Then again, I do have to remind myself that these characters are fictitious.

I wouldn't say that this book was amazing, but it was definitely something worth reading. I feel like a lot of people could relate to some people in the book, and maybe could take something out of it. Also, readers who like cliffhanger endings, would very much enjoy this book. The book was just a little too sad for me.

Overall, I would say that the general plot of the book, was good. It was just the ending, that sort of ruined that for me. However, I would still recommend this book, if you are into emotional books. I would rate this book 3 out of 5 stars, for the good plot, but a bit of a confusing ending. Still, I applaud Lauren Oliver for writing such a moving book.


Bye for Now!
Paperback Princess

No comments:

Post a Comment